(1) Friday, December 16, 2011.Time6:30pm until 7:30pm. at the Hop West, 721 Haywood Rd, Asheville, NC
Two members of Asheville’s awesome folk-Americana outfit, Red June,will display their powerful harmonies, honest heart-felt songwriting and top shelf musicianship for the final show at The Hop West of 2011!!!
Free and appropriate for all ages as always 🙂
(2) Entrepreneurial Selling Skills
Presented by Asheville SCORE & David Gantt Law
We have talked about all phases of marketing and selling but this seminar will enlighten you on how to close the deal. We will discuss the process of getting the handshake, getting the signature on a purchase order, or just completing a deal.
You can save money by registering online. Go to our web site (click link below) for more details.
DATE: Saturday, December 10, 2011
TIME: 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
LOCATION: AB Tech Enka Campus
Meet Your Instructor
Pete Hendrix has been a commissioned salesperson and entrepreneur for 20 years. He has sold transportation services, software, medical products and consulting services. He has been successful in his endeavors earning a straight commission for his efforts for the past eight years. He shares his ideas for successful and meaningful sales tips to get in the door, make your presentation and close the deal.
(3) Get Some Fairie Tale
Featuring Bombs Away Cabaret, The Hellblinki Sextet and Forty Fingers and a Missing Tooth
Two shows! 7:30pm and 11:00pm
Tickets $20 in advance/$25 at the door
Bombs Away Cabaret, Asheville’s foremost cabaret and burlesque collaborative, is excited to announce its next venture: Get Some Faerie Tail, a fairytale-themed revue show also featuring psycho-cabaret band Hellblinki and juggling troupe Forty Fingers and a Missing Tooth. All material featured will be original.
The Mountain Xpress calls Bombs Away Cabaret “bright, feisty and accomplished, without ever taking itself seriously.”
Asheville audiences know Bombs Away Cabaret from its previous full-length productions, which have all attracted sellout crowds – and for good reason.
In the words of The Laurel of Asheville, Bombs Away Cabaret’s shows are “tawdry, bawdy, and leave you saying ‘Oh, lawdy!’”
Bombs Away Cabaret was formed in 2008 and is dedicated to restoring burlesque to its comedic roots while raise funds for charitable causes. In April 2012, the troupe will venture to the Magnetic Field Theatre for its fourth full-length production, High Skirts: Illicitly Yours, a farcical play interwoven with original musical comedy numbers. Proceeds from Get Some Faerie Tail will help the troupe stage High Skirts: Illicitly Yours, whose proceeds will benefit Brother Wolf Animal Rescue.
What do you get when you mix elements of American folk, European cabaret and Punk Rock experimentation? You get the Hellblinki Sextet, a three-piece psycho-cabaret band based in Asheville. As members of Hellblinki, Andrew Benjamin, Valerie Meiss and JonPaul Hess tour and record regularly.
Local favorite Forty Fingers and a Missing Tooth is a juggling troupe known for their unique and engaging take on juggling. Forty Fingers and a Missing Tooth has joined Bombs Away previously as guest performers in Bombs Away’s full-length productions.
This fairytale-themed revue show promises a little something for everyone, with a vaudevillian spin on fairytale archetypes. Due to language and sexual content this show is appropriate for adult audiences only.
For more information, please click:
(4) Doug Hauschild:
Oakley United Methodist Church presents a community cast production of
A Smoky Mountain Christmas Musical
Oakley United Methodist Church
607 Fairview Road
Asheville, NC 28803
December 8, 9 & 10 – 7:00 pm
December 11 – 4:00 pm
Ruth Butler directs this humorous and heart-warming story that will strike a familiar chord with anyone who has ever spent Christmas with their extended family. The musical numbers are meaningful and memorable, and the warm, acoustic bluegrass accompaniment lends a real homespun flavor to this charming
story of family and faith.
ADMISSION is FREE!!
Bring an unwrapped toy if you can and we’ll distribute to kids in our community in need.
Among the MANY Christmas activities going on this month, is the play described above. I’m glad to be participating in the cast. Come and enjoy it. I think you’ll be blessed by it.
I’m also singing a cantata called “A World of Christmas” with music direction by Brad Curtioff at St. Paul’s UMC on Hillside St, Sunday, Dec 18th at 11:00. I’d love to see some of you at either event.
NOTE: Brent Pack (see Section 1D) will also be appearing in THE HOMECOMING.
(5) This weekend at Owen Theater at Mars Hill College ,The World Premier of The 1935 Mars Hill Bank Robbery Documentary,Filmed Reenactment and The Music Video for ‘Sleepy Little Town’ ,the original song written and performed by Mark Bumgarner will be debuted.This exciting event will take place on Saturday evening at 730pm and again on Sunday afternoon at 230pm.Ticket prices are 16.00 for 2 or 10.00 for 1,this includes a dvd and a program.We will also have a silent auction of some items and services donated by area supporters.Additionally,a portion of the proceeds will go to SART and the MHC Theater Department.This is a great way to promote the arts and tourism in Mars Hill and Madison County.For more information and or to reserve tickets please call me at 828-381-0550.
(6) Fletcher Community Chorus- singing both innovative and fun Christmas music, along with some old favorites like Baby its Cold Outside. Location and date: Feed and Seed (Hendersonville Road, in Fletcher) on December 15 (Thursday evening. starting around 7PM. Nick Jordan will be MC.
(7) Volunteers Needed!
What: Help us pack and sort holiday gifts for families in need in Shiloh!
Enjoy snacks and hot chocolate
Take a tour of The Early Learning Center
Meet some of the families you’ll be helping
Volunteer side-by-side with LA graduates and friends
When: Tuesday, December 20
5:30 – 7:30pm
(drop in whenever you like)
Where: The Early Learning Center
916 West Chapel Road
Asheville, NC 28803
RSVP: Please call Leadership Asheville at 828.348.0673 if you plan to attend.
Have an unwrapped gift to contribute? Drop it off at the Leadership Asheville Office by December 12!
900 Hendersonville Road, Suite 204-A
(8) EVENT YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 . . . Brian Biro, my good Asheville friend and an amazing speaker, will be presenting at the annual Lessons in Leadership at the brand new Kimmel Arena at UNCA on that date . . . if you don’t know him yet, I should tell you that he is widely regarded as “America’s Breakthrough Coach” . . . and he will be providing a personal breakthrough experience to all those fortunate to attend . . . I have participated in one of his seminars; it was unbelievable! . . . tickets are just $20, and all the money–after expenses–goes to support local charities . . . for more information and to register, please click this link: http://www.wncleaders.com/