(1) [from Kim Hughes] On my birthday Friday Jan 27, I’ll be fulfilling a dream. . . singing with the Asheville Jazz Orchestra at 8 pm at White Horse. For more information, please click:
(2) Ignite Asheville events in February:
(3) Lessons in Leadership event at the brand new Kimmel Arena at UNCA in Asheville on Tuesday, January 24 at 6:15 p.m. Brian, widely known as “America’s Breakthrough Coach,” is the featured speaker . . . he’ll be providing a personal breakthrough experience to all those fortunate to attend . . . I have participated in one of his seminars; it was unbelievable!
To learn more, see this clip featuring both Brian and Keith Challenger that some may have missed last week:
(4) You’re invited to hear Coach Doug Blevins speak at the Biltmore Lake Clubhouse in Candler, NC.
When: 7-8 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 2
Coach Doug Blevins, the only coach in NFL history who has never walked–or even played football!
His presentation, “Kick Your Life Into High Gear,” is guaranteed to amaze you. In addition, you’ll find it both inspirational and amusing.
You’ll learn his incredible story, as well as powerful techniques for:
* Becoming the best you possibly can be.
* Setting goals.
* Developing action steps for getting what you want in life.
For more information, please see Coach Blevins interviewed by Bryant Gumbel on REAL SPORTS:
Or read this informative article about him that appeared in SPORTS ILLUSTRATED:
TO REGISTER: If you’re a Biltmore Lake resident, please sign-up via the Intranet. If you’d like to be the guest of Blaine Greenfield, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put FEBRUARY 2 in the subject line. Kindly do so now since there is only limited seating available for that night’s presentation.
(5) Asheville Talent Slam
Saturday, February 11
7:30pm until 10:30pm
Masonic Temple, 80 Broadway St,, Asheville, NC
Registration is now open at the Bioflyer website:
Three winners will be awarded: $500 for first place, $300 for second place, and $200 for third place. Contestants will also be considered for casting in Bioflye.
Tickets are just $10; $13 at the door. To purchase:
(6) Volunteers Needed
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to volunteer for a good cause, now’s your chance.
Mission Childrens’ Hospital needs your help for its 4th annual Radiothon with KISS Country 99.9. Volunteers are needed to staff booths throughout the mall in 3-hour shifts on either Friday, February 17th or Saturday, February 18th. For more information, please contact our Biltmore Lake volunteers, Blaine Greenfield at 633-1049, email: email@example.com or Carol Keleher at 670-7821, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the Radiothon is in need of musicians/entertainers who would be available in 2 hour shifts on either Friday or Saturday. If you’d be interested in performing or you know somebody who might be, please contact Marilynne Herbert, another volunteer, at 633.2049; email: MHerbert1@aol.com.
The Radiothon has raised over $300,000 to help the children of Western North Carolina. Mission Childrens’ Hospital never bases care on the ability to pay. We need your help to continue to serve all children in our area. The Radiothon is a lot of work from a lot of dedicated people, and we invite you to join in this joyful experience.
For more information about the Radiothon, please visit: http://www.99kisscountry.com/pages/radiothon2011.html.
(7) “A Dream of Camelot,” is now being cast for a new production to be performed March 29,30,31 and April 1 at the Masonic Temple in downtown Asheville, directed by Rock Eblen. If you are an actor who sings, we invite you to contact us to audition!
Auditions will be held on Sat. Jan. 28 from 2 – 5 and Sun. Jan. 30 from 1 – 3:30. We are still filling out our support team and welcome participation. To arrange for an audition or meeting contact Richard by email or call 828-658-9604. Email: RichHeartMusic@frontier.com.