(1) Maria P. in Pennsylvania: You may want to let your readers know when traveling out of the country, medicines need to be in an original pharmacy bottle. Just ask your pharmacy to reprint the label and put it on the smallest bottle possible. That way you save space, and its clearly medically necessary for you. I use these small bottles no matter where I travel.
(2) One of the most interesting sites I have ever seen. Just put your mouse on a city
anywhere in the world and the newspaper headlines pop up…Double click and the page gets larger….so you can read it.
ALSO IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER . . . GO TO THE WEBSITES OF THE NEWSPAPERS TO READ MORE STORIES:
(3) Micah in Pennsylvania: My new article in Forbes on customer service, social media and building loyalty.
(4) Lana in Ohio: 21 Things Your Burglar Won’t Tell You
(5) Robin S. in Pennsylvania: Here’s a fabulous resource for you to share with all of your single friends:
Calling in “The One” by Katherine Woodward Thomas:
(6) Robbie C. and Don K. in North Carolina (with a REQUEST FOR HELP): 2011 was a good year for Friends2Ferals. We got over 1,800 feral and free-roaming cats sterilized. We were able to find good homes for many of the kittens and a few of the cats. Some of you received assistance from us; others are friends and colleagues.
In 2012 we hope to sterilize 2,000 cats. However, we need YOUR help to get there. At an average surgery cost of $50 per cat, we will need approximately $100,000 to reach our goal. We are all volunteers and receive no compensation for our work with Friends2Ferals.
Please make a donation to Friends2Ferals today so we can continue helping homeless cats in Buncombe County. Whatever you are able to give is important to us…no amount is too small. You may donate securely with a credit card via Paypal on our website http://www.friends2ferals.org or mail a check to this address: Friends2Ferals, P.O. Box 2532, Asheville, NC 28002.
Thank you in advance for your help!
(7) Edie Weinstein is happening! She is in the running for The Happening List for Bucks County Happening Magazine. Please click on this link:
and scroll to the People Category and then Power Person and then her name. Voting is on until the end of February. Anyone can vote. Thank you!
(8) Jerry R. in North Carolina: Great photo of Cynthia and you in front of the mural. You guys look great together. Send my best to Cynthia.
(9) Lisa Z. in Pennsylvania: Wanted to tell you I loved the pickle jar story. Also, I did the color test. The first time, I only got 13%, because I sat and stared at the screen. I thought I was supposed to memorize the colors, then be tested. Yeah, I’m a little slow these days. Fortunately, the second time, I got 100%. Funny, what you can accomplish when you concentrate.
(10) Marty S. in Texas: Great advice in the computer tip [in BLAINESWORLD #800].
What I usually do is highlight a good sized portion of what I think is ‘mistruth’. Such as ” Cosby’s Commentary Says That He is 76 and Tired “, then right click, select SEARCH GOOGLE FOR “search term”. In this case TruthorFiction.com was first up.
Incidentally, I usually reply to the sender with a message “this is BULL****.” Then include the link that verifies how untrue it is.