(1) Majo M. in NC: Building Bridges [in Asheville] provides an exceptional opportunity to learn more about black-white relationships and to actually develop rich connections with black and white participants who care and are willing to share about these issues. It’s also fun. I have participated several times and highly recommend it. Starts a week from today.
For more information, please click:
(2) Mary S. in NC: If you haven’t already been to Flatrock to catch NOISES OFF it’s soooo good! My good friend Scott [Treadway] is his usual funny
self & another dear friend Ralph Redpath is in the show also. (Only personally know 2 actors) The comedy is an outstanding high energy farce!! I loved it.
Note: It runs through September 9. For tickets:
(3) Original Music Series featuring Richard Shulman, piano
Tuesday, September 18, 8:00 PM, FREE
About the Original Music Series: Asheville’s own Mike Holstein and Justin Watt bring Original Music on the scene in Asheville. This is a Musician’s Heaven. The Altamont Theatre is proud to support the craft of music composition. This series is a place where composers can share new material and musicians can hone their reading skills by seeing the latest in modern repertoire. the first set will feature a special guest composer, and the 2nd set will be open for other professional musicians to join in.
Keyboardist and composer Richard Shulman creates music intended to be a positive influence for himself, audiences, and society. Richard has recorded 23 of his own albums as well as more than two dozen other recordings for which he has provided compositions, performances and/or musical production. Trained in the classical and jazz fields, he has developed a heartfelt language in these genres while focussing a significant amount of his output on music for meditation, healing and inspiration. He currently divides his concert schedule between performances of his meditation music and his original jazz as personified by the Richard Shulman Trio.
If you’ve never heard Richard before, please click to see a clip of
Richard Shulman and Friends live at Unity Center–Pictures in the clouds:
(4) Thurs-Sat nights, Sept 13 – Oct 13
The Magnetic Theatre presents the world premiere of its first original musical, MILF: The Musical
, with book and lyrics by Lucia Del Vecchio (author of the hits Shangri-La
and The Evolution of Woman)
and music by one of Asheville’s most talented musicians, Holiday Childress. Tickets $13/16 (with $8 preview performances on 9/13 & 9/14). All performances begin at 7:30pm. Get your tickets now
for this hilarious tale of inappropriate love in suburbia by clicking:
Note: I’m looking forward to this show and to seeing such local favorites as Dan Clancy and Allison Young perform in it.
(5) The Zoodles at the Well-Bred Bakery in Weaverville on Friday, September 7 from 7-9 p.m.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink