Section 2, part 2
(1) Kathy R. in NC: I don’t know if this is going to be helpful or not. If you want to edit or cancel something you have posted as a status or left as a comment on another’s post move the arrow (cursor or whatever you call it) and hover over the far right part of the field across from your name. You should see a pencil show up. Click on the pencil and it will give you two options, edit or cancel. Choose the appropriate one and correct spelling etc., or remove your comment.
(8) Lori H. in PA: Saw the Great Gatsby in 3D. Baz gets a thumbs up from me. It’s definitely filmed very artistically. The costumes are cool. Never read the book but enjoyed the story.
So honored to share these in depth conversations with transformational community leaders.
(10) Terri L. in NC (with a REQUEST FOR HELP): Believe it or not, I’m going to jail and I need your help. While it’s not a real jail, it’s even more important as I’m raising bail to help children and adults with muscle disease in my community who are supported by the vital work of the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). I might not be able to rely on good behavior to get out so that’s why I need your help – I need you to donate to my bail! Just click on the donation button to make a secure donation – I know that together we’ll Make a Muscle and Make a Difference in the fight against muscle disease.
(11) Michael T. in NC: One of my current reads is Brain Rules by John Medina. Practical advice for daily life based on the latest and greatest in brain science.
Section 12, NC events
(3) Asheville Vaudeville
Saturday, May 18th:
7:30pm – $15 & 10:00pm $12
At Toy Boat Community Art Space (101 Fairview Road)
Tickets available at the door, 18+
Asheville Vaudeville is back once again, and we are pleased to welcome special guest master of ceremonies, Onkel Woland and the Black Forest Menagerie!
Forty Fingers & a Missing Tooth, The Asheville Magician, El Payaso Fracasado, Madison Cripps Puppetry, Toy Box Theatre, Claire Dima, Jessica Hill, Sneaky McFly, April Shapril, Brandon Caldwell, and new to the AV stage, burlesque performer, Deb Au Nare, and more!
(5) SOUVENIR is a funny, tuneful, true show about a wealthy socialite with a famously uncertain sense of pitch and key. It runs through May 26; to purchase tickets, please click:http://tinyurl.com/bvxrfzp.
(7) RSVP- Your Volunteer Center for the Second Half of Life Addressing the Environment
RSVP, a national service program that assists adults age 55 and better find rewarding volunteer opportunities in their community, will be holding a free information session for prospective volunteers 9:30-11 a.m. Monday May 20 at UNCA’s Reuter Center. Monday’s session will spotlight volunteer opportunities that protect and preserve our environment from trail maintenance to community gardens. Registration encouraged but not required. Contact Patti Cameron at 251-6622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about RSVP at www.landfofskyrsvp.org
Retired & Senior Volunteer Program holds AARP Driver Safety Class
The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) will sponsor the AARP Driver Safety Program Friday June 14 from 12:30-4:30 p.m. This 4 hour class will help you refine your driving skills and develop safer-driving habits. Graduates receive a certificate of completion, and may be eligible to receive a discount on vehicle insurance premiums.
Program to be held at the Land-of-Sky Regional Council 339 New Leicester Hwy, Suite 130, Asheville NC.
The cost is $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members. Registration is required by calling Patti Cameron at the Land-of-Sky Regional Council 828-251-6622, email@example.com , payment for this course is due in advance.
(8) Jeff Thompson Concert at Hanger Hall
7:00pm until 9:30pm
Asheville, NC, US
I will be performing two sets of music in the palatial ballroom that Howard Hanger refers to as a bedroom. We should be able to fit at least 50 or 60 folks in there easily. Drinks and snacks will be provided free of charge. Feel free to bring some friends.
Tickets: $10 suggested donation
Full Details: http://www.reverbnation.com/show/10514923
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
(1) Pat A. in PA: I think of Gilbert & Sullivan musicals as the Monty Python shows of the Victorian era, hilariously deflating British pomposity and poking fun at the seriousness of Victorian manners and fashions. The upcoming show by the BucksCountyGilbert & Sullivan Society is a winner in those respects: “Patience, or Bunthorne’s Bride” has two over-dramatic poets, a gaggle of ladies who faint at their feet, one sensible lass and a regiment of manly-men soldiers who couldn’t recite a couplet if their moustaches depended upon it. It should be an extremely fun show (June 14 and 15), and my husband will suit up as one of the manly-men! To see the poster – I’m working on it bit by bit, you can watch the progress – and get a run-down of the plot, you can take a look at my blog at http://achillesportfolio.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/painting-patience-part-3/
(2) This Weekend at Kelsey:
THE SOUND OF MUSIC continues
Friday May 10th at 8pm
Saturday May 11th at 2pm & 8pm
Sunday May 12th at 2pm
Plenty of seats available for all performances…
For tickets call 609-570-3333 or order online at
(3) Great promotions for you – pick one!
BUY ONE GET ONE – plus receive $20 worth of FREE SLOTS at our first show at the New Comedy Cabaret at the Valley Forge Casino and Resort. To receive this offer, just click here, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the show promo link and write “E-Special” Or if you are interested in the Dinner and Show Promo click that tab http://www.comedycabaret.com/kopvf.html
• If you ever saw the TV show ‘Who’s Line is it Anyway?’ you must come Saturday, June 1st to Bucks County. You and your entire party will receive the VIP RATE- $5 off each – just write “E-special” in the comments box when you make a reservation on line http://www.comedycabaret.com/doylestown.html
• One of the Very Best is in South Jersey — The Taylor Mason Show! You and your entire party will receive the VIP RATE- $5 off each – just write “E-special” in comments box when you make a reservation on line – http://www.comedycabaret.com/newjersey.html
Thank you for supporting live comedy!