Section 2, part 2
1. Tom S. in PA: Take The Personal Finance Quiz That 86% Of Americans Flunked
(2) Alyson M. in CO: Thanks for the sweet acknowledgement of Augie–and the great idea for a Father’s Day gift (the Jewish Jocks book)!!!
BTW: I rarely have time to share book reviews but Don and I are both voracious readers – as you are too. Have you read The Orphan Master’s Son? Amazing fictional view of North Korean life told through the eyes of one soul – youth to adulthood. Unlike anything I’ve ever read before. Also, we’ve been burning through all of Louise Erdrich’s novels. She is an Ojibwa Indian – French -American writer from MN – s gifted storyteller.
Response: Since I’m not “big” on holding books . . . and since you’re the first to mention it, . it’s yours. Just send me your snail mail address. Thanks, also, for the recommendations.
(3) Kaleo W. in IN: Thanks so much for the mention in your newsletter about my workshop, Discover Your Own Dance of the Heart through Traditional Hawaiian Hula, in Plainsboro NJ on June 15th. I always enjoy reading your newsletter with how you always have so much to share – and how wonderful to be able to be part of this one. Many blessings!
(4) Debbie H. in PA: 10 SEO Tips for 2013
(5) Marleen N. in NC: I would like to solicit your help regarding cell phone service. Everytime I turn on the TV and my computer or pick up a magazine you hear Straight Talk and other pre paid services that save you a lot of money. My cell phone bill runs 3X what straight talk does. Is my service 3X better????? Please tell my what you think? I’ve talked to several people who have straight talk and they seem quite satisfied. I would like to hear your opinion if you have one. Are the prepaid plans the new way for cell phones Or am I getting ready to make a huge mistake.
(6) Laura B. in NJ (with a question at the bottom of the email): We are still unpacking boxes from my former home to the storage space. I tackle about 4-5 a month due to space restrictions here. But I found piles of your news letter that I had printed out so I could add books and movies to my growing list of what I want to read/watch. Some date back to when you were dating your bride and still teaching at BCCC.
Section 12A, NC events
(1) Steven T. in NC: KISS ME KATE
(2) Blue Ridge BBQ & Music Festival June 14 & 15th
Chuck Beattie w/ Jim Perterman Revue
Main Stage – Friday June 14, 5:45-7pm
Chuck Beattie Band
Main Stage – Saturday June 15, 2:30-3:30
(5) Luke Arrington: Come see The Importance of Being Earnest at Hendersonville Little Theatre! June 14th-30th. For a preview, please click:
(6) Major M. in NC: Friends – I am a huge fan of Nina’s writing classes. Out of the eight of us who took this class a few months ago, seven of us have just returned for her Level 2 class – and the 8th person is out of the country or I bet she would be with us.
WRITING FROM THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD.A writing class for beginning through advanced writers.
Facilitated by Nina Hart.
Writers! Do you want to generate a ton of fresh new material? Are you experiencing writer’s block or feeling stuck in a rut? Do you want to learn to easily tap into your creative genius? Have you always wanted to write but have been too afraid to start?
Participants will be guided, in a criticism-free environment of support and safety, to “open the tops of their heads” to access their inner voices without censoring or judging. Through evocative writing prompts, 15-minute “timed writes”, and lively class readings and discussions, the inner hooligan and nonsense-maker will be given room to shine and shout. This wild place is most exciting! We will have loads of fun!
When: 6 Monday evenings, June 10th – July 15th, 2013 – 6:30-9 pm.
Location: Asheville NC
Enrollment limited to 10 writers.
For more information phone Nina, 828-254-3586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org