Section 2, part 2
(1) John D. in PA: Was wondering what you thought about this one [ABOUT LAST NIGHT]. We haven’t seen it yet. My wife and I always enjoyed the original with Lowe and Moore. Response: The original was better. I wouldn’t rush out to see or even rent this one.
(4) Ilene L. in NC:
Dear Friends and Family,
Recognition Worth Noticing by Angela Maiers in SWITCH & SHIFT*
As a writer, educator, and lover of learning and life, I make it a habit to notice people. Whether I am in the classroom or in a business, I notice everyone I meet, and I let him or her know it.
No one interacts with me for more than 15 seconds without being asked for a name. I don’t need the trained eye of a detective to notice that a custodian is whistling happily while cleaning, or that a receptionist has a particularly melodious voice, or that the person I’m meeting with seems harried, and I comment genuinely in each case.
My most faithful companion is my writer’s notebook. I jot down observations about the people I meet and the incredible lessons I learn from them. Importantly, I then share these observations with them, and let them know I appreciate what they said or did, or the way they said it or did it, and how important it was to our work together.
* Reprinted withe gracious permission of SWITCH & SHIFT.
Section 12A, NC events
(1) 3rd Annual Asheville Talent Slam!: A Benefit for Eblen Charities Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:00pm
6pm doors, 7pm show. $10 ADV, $15 day of show. ALL AGES. Limited seating available.http://bioflyer.wordpress.com/bioflyer/asheville-sing-slam/This annual event is a very exciting contest (similar to America’s Got Talent and X Factor) bringing together a wonderful diversity of many unique local acts—songwriters, singers, dancers, and much more, all getting great regional exposure by showcasing their abilities. Cash prizes are awarded: $500 for first place, $300 for second place, and $200 for third place, plus $50 gift certificates for 3rd, 4th, and 5th places. Contestants will also receive professional feedback from local celebrity judges. The event is a benefit for Eblen Charities.
(2) (3) Casting call (thanks, Steph Hickling Beckman, for sharing)
| Now In Progress
Action/Adventure/Romantic/Comedy Asheville, North Carolina ***Local talent only*** With or without experience. Self produced photos OK. Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
(4) The Know Your Orchestra! Voucher Program encourages students to become acquainted with classical music and their home orchestra. Each voucher admits one student and one friend or sibling for free. Accompanying adults and any other additional friends or siblings will be admitted for $10.00 each. This offer is good for only the Asheville Symphony Masterworks concert listed on this voucher: Ma rch 15, 2014 Beethoven a nd The Romantic Good for 2 FREE student tickets, each additional ticket just $10! Call 828.254.7046 to get your tickets Good for 2 FREE student tickets, each additional ticket just $10! Call 828.254.7046 to get your tickets The Know Your Orchestra! Voucher Program encourages students to become acquainted with classical music and their home orchestra. Each voucher admits one student and one friend or sibling for free. Accompanying adults and any other additional friends or siblings will be admitted for $10.00 each. This offer is good for only the Asheville Symphony Masterworks concert listed on this voucher. Note: Voucher would not print. If you are in need of one, send an email to: email@example.com and put VOUCHER in the subject line. (5) PAL Productions Presents: [Title of Show] The Musical Thursday, March 6, 2014 – Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:30pm 35 Below 35 E Walnut Street Asheville, NC Shows Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at 7:30pm at 35Below (Asheville Community Theatre) in Downtown Asheville. 3/6-3/22 Tickets are $15 https://ashevilletheatre.secure.force.com/ticket/#details_a0Si0000002SkMMEA0 Cast: Jeff – Isaac Fulk Hunter – Brad Mercier Susan – Kirby Gibson Heidi – Emily Warren Accompanied by – Sarah Fowler Directed by – Daniel Hensley
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
(1) Sing Along with George Sinkler – Including lots of Irish songs for St Pat’s! Chase away the winter blues with an energetic singalong where you are the show. Bucks County entertainment fixture George Sinkler will lead us through the great songs we grew up with through the decades. Forget all the words? He will be passing out special singalong sheets! His goal is to have you walk out the door saying: ‘I haven’t had that much fun in years!’ (Dancing in the aisles allowed). Light Refreshments. Time and Date: 3 to 4:30 p.m., Sunday, March 16, 2014 *Please note new date #141259 Location: Newtown Twp. Administration Bldg., 100 Municipal Drive, Newtown, PA (Just off Durham Rd=Rt. 413, on the north side of Newtown) Fee: $18 Newtown Resident Discount: $15 Direct ticketing link: http://newtownfun.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29678
(2) SUNDAY, MARCH 9 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. Morristown, NJ Newtown’s Team 26 Cyclists Ride to Washington, D.C. From March 8 to 11, Newtown’s Team 26 will ride from Newtown to Washington, D.C. to honor all victims of gun violence, support stronger gun violence prevention laws and to spread their message of peace, hope and love along the way. On Sunday, they will make a stop at Morristown’s Town Hall. We hope that many of you will be able to join us as we greet and cheer on the riders. Bring welcoming signs along with your organizations’ banners! Elected officials have also been invited. We believe that Rep. Rush Holt will attend. Maura Sherlach, a New Jersey resident whose mother Mary Sherlach was the school psychologist killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, will be speaking. Please see this article http://www.newstimes.com/default/article/Newtown-s-Team-26-cyclists-ride-to-bring-message-5278403.php If anyone from the Mercer County area would like to carpool to Morristown, let me know. It takes a little over an hour from Ewing. I’ll be going and hope to grab some lunch afterward with some other GVP supporters. Would enjoy some company! The cyclists will be heading to Doylestown, PA, after leaving Morristown. So if you cannot make it to the only stop in New Jersey, maybe you can catch them across the Delaware! Tell your PA family/friends also. Carole Stiller President, Mercer County Million Mom March Chapter President, NJ Million Mom March Chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence P.O. Box 77333 Ewing, NJ firstname.lastname@example.org/chapters
|DR. SCARPATI WILL BE A GUEST ON WIP RADIO THIS THRSDSAY 5:20 AM TO TALK HYPNOSIS! Here is a picture from his sold out show last Sat. as he is guiding the volunteers into hypnosis. See Crazy Fans Chase Doctor at Live Comedy Cabaret Show! CLICK HERE! His next Show is Sat. March 22nd.JUST BOOKED – OVER 20 TIMES ON THE TONIGHT SHOW – MITCH FATEL MITCH FATEL WILL BE IN NORTHEAST PHILLY SA T. MARCH 22nd TICKETS AND INFO http://comedycabaret.com/ Thanks so much for laughing with us and we will see you at the show!|
- What are the differences between “The employee” and “The independent contractor”?
- What are the rules for “unpaid interns”?
- What should be (and not be!) in an employment contract?
- What are the important issues for employment regarding intellectual property?
- Workplace discrimination, workplace harassment, leave laws, disability and religious accommodation issues, non-compete agreements, and much much more!
You will leave with an ACTION PLAN for issues involving employment law and the arts! Where: Seton Hall School of Law Newark, NJ 1 Newark Center, Newark, NJ 07102 When: Wednesday March 19th, 2014 6:30pm Cost: $25.o0 per person (includes seminar material) Limited scholarships available; Please contact email@example.com for scholarship information. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (or) https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=zneiCcNO4_3qc7FGvjsMV9US_tZ5_04xH1dJDZxkQfVpmWQyPnrbNhYENpa&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081982546798d23b9808f2b0faaf533a5dbe5
(5) Celebrating BCCC’s 50th Anniversary in Bucks County