Section 2, part 2
(1) Gary J. in NC (responding to our ongoing battle with Blue Cross Blue Shield): One of the MAJOR reasons that the Affordable Care Act needs to be banged into people’s heads as a GOOD THING. One of the things that it attempts to address is this crap.
(2) Meta C. in NC: You sure do handle a lot of info. I tip my hat to you. Many thanks to you for all you do to help our Asheville community.
(3) Donna S. in AL: Enjoyed [BLAINESWORLD #916] this week. Have a great week ahead.
(4) Touching story of a father and his granddaughter:
(5) Denise F. in NC: Knowing how much email all of us get, I thought you would appreciate SaneBox. I’ve been using SaneBox for over a year to fix my email overload and I love it. I used to have to look thru 600 to 800 emails each day. Now, it’s down to 40 or 50 important emails and a few hundred that are boxed as “SaneLater”. I can even send an email into “the Black Hole” for the pesky stuff I have no interest in getting their future emails.
If you use this invitation URL, you will get a free 2 week trial and $5 in SaneBox credit:
PS: Yes, I understand the irony in sending you an email with a solution to too much email, but I’m pretty sure you’ll like it!
Note: The above looks interesting. I use a similar program, Unroll Me, which is free. It works great. For more information on that, please click:
(6) Jim P. in NY (with information about a house for sale in North Woodmere, NY)
(7) Vilasi V. in NJ: Life in the New American Minimum-Wage Economy
(8) Snapping Good Photos With Your Phone
Section 12A, NC events
(2) THE BOG runs through April 26. To read the excellent review of this production, please click:
Note: I just saw it. Well-acted and directed, but beware–very dark.
Note: The very talented Kim Hughes will also be performing at this event.
(4) Carol A. in NC: Come see Pygmalion . April 24-27 Warren Wilson College Curtain 8 pm. Outstanding young actors & sets like B’way.
(5) Meta C. in NC: Our Story Medicine Men’s component is now enrolling. There is space for four (4) more men. Please pass this along to any men you know who might be interested in a six-month healing journey with Brian T. Lumb, D.C. facilitating. The men’s group is scheduled to begin Sunday, April 27.
Interested parties can contact me or Brian directly, at Nourish & Flourish.
Meta Commerse: email@example.com
(6) Simple Steps to Starting A Business – Introduction
AB-Tech Enka Campus
1459 Sand Hill Rd
Candler, NCDoors open at 8:30 AM. The seminar begins at 9:00 AM SHARP. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to handle paperwork.Download the study materials for the series by clicking this link:
Marketing Plan presented on 5/31/2014
Financial Projections presented on 6/7/2014
Funding Sources presented on 6/14/2014Follow this link for more information about the subsequent seminars:
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
Featuring the art of Alan Goldstein
May 10th to June 7th, 2014
Opening Reception May 10th (6-8pm)
Trenton’s Visual Art Center
Artworks is located on Stockton Street between Front and Market
Streets in the Mill Hill Historic District of Trenton, New Jersey.
Gallery Hours: Wed – Friday 11-6, Sat 11-4
View a video of the forest and other works from the show at:
(2) Martial Arts , MMA and Health and Fitness Expo and Trade Show and Seminars PLUS.. Attend a free seminar by Master Mike Andrus .
Put this weekend on your calendar! Don’t miss it!
When: Friday, January 23, 2015 12:00 AM to Saturday, January 24, 2015 12:00 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
Where: Tropicana Casino & Resort
Master Andrus will be teaching a dynamic and innovative practical, effective, reality-based self-defense seminar. It will include striking, Joint locks/joint breaks, pressure points, take-downs and submissions. These are ALL finishing techniques! If you want REAL make sure you show up and participate! Thank you. I look forward to seeing you!!! Ossa!
Sho-Dai Soke “Mr. Mike” “Taz” Andrus
Owner / Master Instructor
Safe Day Studio
(3) Student Visual Arts Show Comes to MCCC Gallery April 29 to May 9
WEST WINDSOR – The diverse talents of Mercer County Community College’s (MCCC) Visual Arts students will be on display at this year’s “MCCC Student Visual Arts Show” at The Gallery at Mercer from Tuesday, April 29 through Friday, May 9. The show is free and open to the public. The Gallery is located on the second floor of the college’s Communications Building on the West Windsor campus, 1200 Old Trenton Road. An Opening Reception is set for Wednesday, April 30, from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
“This is an annual show that truly puts the spotlight on emerging artists who study at Mercer. Their creativity comes in all shapes, sizes and medium and is always a delight to the eye and an affirmation of the quality of the work that is produced by our students,” said Dylan Wolfe, MCCC Gallery Director. “We are proud to share their work with the public.”
The exhibit features works by students in the MCCC’s visual and graphic art programs. The works represent all of the visual arts, including fine arts, advertising and graphic design, animation, photography and sculpture.
Also on display will be the winning poster designs promoting the exhibit, which were created by students in MCCC’s Advertising Design classes. This year’s design contest winners are Ana Corrales of Hamilton and Autumn Bardachino of Plainsboro.
Gallery hours for the show are: Mondays and Wednesdays 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. For additional information, visit www.mccc.edu/gallery, call 609- 570-3589 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mother’s Day with the Eric Mintel Quartet:
Don’t Miss Out!
The Eric Mintel Quartet’s 90-minute Mother’s Day concert on May 11 will feature new original songs by Eric Mintel as well as compositions by Mintel’s mentor, jazz legend Dave Brubeck, and unexpected jazz arrangements of contemporary music! In addition to Eric Mintel on piano, the Quartet features Nelson Hill on alto sax, Dave Mohn on drums, and Jack Hegyi on bass.The Eric Mintel Quartet recently packed the house at the historic Bucks County Playhouse!
Section 12C, National event