Section 2, part 2
(1) Retirement in a Community. but Which One?
(2) Stacy A. in NC: Robin Williams’ Death Report Finds Lewy Body Dementia
(3) George P. in NC: The myth of the job stealing immigrant
(4) Jean R. in PA: The Irrationality of Alcoholics Anonymous
Note: There are usually two sides to every story, if not a lot more. Please also see the following article.
(5) Spirituality vs. Science? A Rebuttal to The AtlanticArticle, ‘The Irrationality of Alcoholics Anonymous’
(6) Seep Training at 8 Weeks: Do You Have the Guts?
Section 12A, NC events
(1) Hope you can come to our April meeting. If you have trouble reading the invite (below), click to see it at full size. And please RSVP if you can attend by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and putting APRIL 6 in the subject line.
(2) Mary Rita S. in NC: One month until my daughter Katherine Sandoval Taylor opens as Maria in the Asheville Lyric Opera’s production of West Side Story! So proud of her accomplishments. Listen to her sing “I Have a Love” from the show and make sure to get tickets while you still can. This talented cast coming from around the country is going to sell out every night! April 24-26
Katherine Sandoval Taylor sings “I Have a Love” (West Side Story)
Another great food competition is coming to Asheville and gourmet pizza is the buzz! There are few combinations better than great pizza and great beer, so why not have a face-off to see who wins best slice of pizza with free local brew, celebrity judges, and jammin’ local bands!Bioflyer Productions is celebrating its 10th Year Anniversary by mounting fun and unique events all over Western North Carolina. Promoter Rock Eblen loves creating FUNdraisers to help support his family’s local service organization, Eblen Charities.With Asheville becoming a national food and brew destination it only makes sense for local pizza companies to show off their best slices with both judge and audience voting for prizes in three categories: 1) Best Meat Combo, 2) Best Veggie Combo, 3) People’s Choice.
Tickets for “Pizza Pan-Demonium!” are $20 adv ($25 at the door) and include free pizza, beer, and entertainment. Kid tickets (under 12) are $5, and teens (age 13-20) are $10. There will also be VIP packages for true connoisseurs. Get “Early Bird” tics by April !st.It’s gonna be the event not to miss in Asheville…mark your calendar for 5:30-8:30 May 17th at Highland Brewery!
CLICK THIS LINK FOR MORE INFO AND TICKETS: https://bioflyer.wordpress.com/pizza-pan-demonium/
Note: I’ve already seen this production and had great fun with it. More information about it next week, but if you get this on or before Sunday, March 29, I do recommend you get to the Masonic Temple and see this excellent production.
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
(1) Professor Explores ‘The Play of the Mind’ as Part of Lecture Series
New date: Thursday, April 16, at 7 pm. Tyler 142. Bring an open mind
Award-winning author, poet, and professor Christopher Bursk presents an interdisciplinary lecture to mark the college’s golden anniversary
To celebrate its founding in 1964 and opening its doors to students in 1965, Bucks County Community College is hosting a 50th Anniversary Faculty Lecture Series to share compelling topics with the community and showcase its instructors.