Section 2, part 2
(1) As Cognition Slips, Financial Skills Are Often the First to Go
(2) Janeen R. in PA: Thank you for the latest Blainesworld, I was happy to hear that Cynthia was feeling better, especially since the last Blainesworld was disturbing. Happy that all is well and that the two of you can continue your busy lifestyle and still keep up with the folks around you. Seriously, I am happy to hear all is well.
(3) Chanah M. in MO: Which legendary song best describe you?
Response: It came up with “You’re Beautiful” by James Blunt, which leads me to question the accuracy of this. (It should have come up with “Happy Together” by The Turtles, arguably the greatest rock group of all time.)
(4) Mike M. in NC: Helen Mirren adds class to any production she is in.
WOMAN IN GOLD ***
True story about Maria Altmann a Jewish refugee who fled Austria during the Holocaust only to return many years later to try and retrieve the paintings including the famous ‘Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer that were stolen from her family by the Nazi’s.
Maria hires Randol Schoenberg (Ryan Reynolds)a local lawyer to help her get back her paintings, but is very adamant that she will never go back to her homeland. With some persuasion and reluctance she aggress to go back only to find out she is probably fighting a losing battle. Once there she meets local writer Hubertus Czernin (Daniel Bruhl) who supports and guides them on this long challenging road. When all looks like it is a hopeless situation Randol quits his job much to the dismay of his wife Pam (played by Katie Holmes)when he finds a loophole to help marina obtain her family air looms back.
Other excellent supporting cast include Elizabeth McGovern (Cora Downton Abby), Frances Fisher and a cameo by Jonathan Pryce.
(5) Nancy C. in NC: 6 Words That Will End Picky Eating
(6) Can the DASH Diet Help Your Arthritis Symptoms?
(7) The Right Paperwork for Your End-of-Life Wishes
(8) Carole B. in NC: Great newsletter. I especially liked you playing w/the Non Geek Squad!
(9) Kevin J. in PA: Help Dementia Society of America every time you shop at 1,587 of the most popular online stores: http://www.iGive.com/DementiaSocietyofAmerica/…
Got the cutest pet picture? It could mean $50 for your cause! Plus Great Pet Specials for FB Users Only. May 3-9http://www.igive.com/igivepets2015
(10) It’s Me or the Dog
Section 12A, NC events
(2) David Joe Miller in NC: We’ve been able to put together a great line-up of storytelling for our [Asheville’s Front Porch] summer series. Here’s a peek!
June 23rd – Zuzu solo at Jack Of The Wood for the songwriters in the round.
June 25th – The Social, 1078 Tunnel Road, Asheville, 8-11
July 7 – Zuzu solo at Jack Of The Wood for the songwriters in the round
July 18th – Innovation Brewery, Sylva, NC 9-11
July 24th – The Town Pump, Black Mountain, NC
September 18th – Black Mountain Women’s Recovery Center
September 26th – Cutting Edge Salon’s annual benefit/fund-raiser to fight cancer. In the parking lot, in addition to live music there will be good, arts and crafts, haircut specials, and other fun activities.
October 11th – 6PM-?? At The Mill Room in Asheville, with The Kimberly White Project, a Halloween party to benefit AB Tech’s Phi Lambda, to fund their service projects in the community.
A review of the Clapton show appeared in the Asheville Daily Planet (in spite of it’s name’s suggestion, it is a monthly publication), and can be read here. I agree with everything in it, good and bad:
(4) BB&T Presents ‘A Community Forum on the New Deferred Action Programs’ Featuring Dr. George D Pappas, Attorney at Law
Wednesday, May 6 at 6:30 p.m.
Location: 100 Dana Road, BBT Bank, Hendersonville, NC
Section 12B National event
Your chance to catch arguably the greatest rock group (The Turtles) of all time Unfortunately, they won’t be in NC. But they will be appearing in many venues in NJ, PA and NY, among other states. For full details of the tour, please click: