Section 2, part 2
(1) Chuck S. in NJ: Accidental engineering: 10 mistakes turned into innovation
(2) Carol S. in PA: Eating Chocolate Associated With Lower Risk Of Stroke, Heart Problems
(3) How to Pick a Cellphone Plan for Traveling Abroad
(4) Marty D. in PA: Ever watch “The Butler”?
Moving movie about black fellow who worked thru eight presidents in White House, as a butler. was just released on Netflix (I think it was just released, maybe was out before?)
Based on a 2008 Washington Post story (you can access it online) “A Butler Well Served by this Election.”
(5) What It’s Like as a ‘Girl’ in the Lab
(6) Ken G. in GA: Saw the movie [LOVE & MERCY] as well. Bart Giamatti’s son should be shot for impersonating an actor.
(7) Bill K. in CA: First, hoping you had a fun filled birthday, and a great year ahead.I think the best caption was “But you said we were going to meet the princess, who’s that guy?”I also just wanted to note that the guy on the far left in the COYOTE picture looks like he has a swastika tattoo on his neck. I guess he plays the villain, or I’m just prejudiced to swastikas that way.
BTW, kudos on maintaining such an active life style. I never had that much energy, even in my 20s!
(8) Marty S. in PA: I forwarded your newsletter to my older brother in Berks County (at age 84 still a competitive distance runner) and he says he enjoyed reading it. Just a FYI aside.
Response: Thanks for doing so. Others should do the same; i.e., feel free to forward BLAINESWORLD to 437 of their closest friends and relatives … and encourage them to subscribe, too. All they need to do is send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put SUBSCRIPTION in the subject line.
Section 12, NC events
(1) Barbara Brady in NC: Come to my talk!: WALKING THE CAMINO: A SPIRITUAL QUEST; In the fall of 2014 I took two months off to walk the 500 mile El Camino de Santiago. Join me on Sunday, July 5, 2015, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at the Center for Spiritual Living Asheville http://www.cslasheville.org/
to view a slide show from my walk, hear stories, and ask questions. It’s FREE. Topics will include: