Section 2, part 2
(1) Why Investing Is So Complicated, and How to Make It Simpler
(2) John W. in NJ: I will admit I was wrong and jumped to conclusions based on reading the reviews.
While Go Set a Watchman certainly takes a hard look at the relationship between Atticus and Scout, (and Scout and the world as she thought she knew it) and puts it in a new light, it is ultimately a better, healthier one.
It showed that changing from a six year old’s idealistic view of her father to the truth that life is not simply black and white, but made up of infinite shades of gray was difficult but necessary. Sometimes, you have to kill the fantasy to see the reality.
While the writing was tedious and inconsistent at times, and not nearly as polished as Mockingbird, watching Scout come to the realization that despite her first reactions, her father was an innately good man and that it was SHE who needed to evolve, was by the last page, satisfying. I did miss Jem and Dill though and thought it was interesting how the Tom Robinson story evolved between this one and the one ultimately in Mockingbird.
I did miss Jem and Dill and thought it was interesting how the Tom Robinson story evolved between this one and the one ultimately in Mockingbird.
(3) How to Cut Children’s Screen Time? Say No to Yourself First.
(4) At Zappos, Pushing Shoes and a Vision
(5) Swindlers Target Older Women on Dating Website
(6) A New Cadre of Experts Helps Women Navigate Their Divorces
Section 12A, NC events
(1) Shoulder and feet class at Weaverville Yoga Sunday July 26th 12-2
Besides the hips, the shoulders have to be the other oft problematic area of our bodies. Complaints about shoulder and neck pain abound.
In this workshop we will work the entire shoulder girdle:
- the front to release the pectoral muscles and clavicle bone,
- the side to release the humerus (arm bone) and the muscles that attach, the deltoid(to the clavicle and humerus), biceps and triceps and
- the back to release the four muscles attaching the scapula to the clavicle and humerus getting more mobility to the shoulder blades and moving it off the back
- and then we will place the ball at the side of the ribs and work all the way up into the armpit getting the muscles that attach to the shoulder blade and arm from another angle.
Section 12B, NJ/PA events
(1) Laughter on the 23rd Floor continues at the Heritage Center, 635 N. Delmor Ave., Morrisville Pennsylvania, through July 26. Performances: Fri.-Sat. 8 p.m., Sun. 2 p.m. www.actorsnetbucks.org; 215-295-3694.
For the review of this show, please click: