Section 2, part 2
(1) Marty D. in PA: [about Section 2 for useful tips on how to procrastinate less] … I meant to go right to that section of the newsletter, but I had to get a few things out of the way first.
(2) Pat H. in PA: Are the guys from new image paints also stand ins for Young Frankenstein? Laughing here, but no disrespect…maybe a stand in for “Igor”?
(3) Tom G. in NJ: Thanks for the mention in the News letter…much appreciated.
(4) Sandy B. in PA: Instead of rice for wet phone? Rice isn’t recommended for iPhone. Shaking it and putting in front of a fan for 2 days with power off. Unfortunately mine was fried.
(5) Jack B. in PA: Hey Blaine: Stick with the photo ops and the food reviews. the jokes are weak and sometimes insulting!
Response: Will keep with the photos and food reviews … movie reviews, too…and yes, the jokes.
Sorry if you find them sometimes insulting.
But that’s the nature of humor; i.e., you can’t please everybody.
I try to run things that are not insulting, but guess I don’t always succeed.
Sorry ’bout that.
Two other options:
1. Just skip Sections 3, 6 and 9 (where jokes typically are).
2. Share some jokes that you like, especially if you have not seen them before and if they make you laugh.
(6) The Concert Hall as Refuge in a Restless, Web-Driven World
(14) Lyn M. in NC: I continue to enjoy your newsletter. Thank you!
(15) Ian: I just wanted to let you know that article you had the link to about procrastination in the WSJ was a good one. My oldest son, who is 16, is a bit of a procrastinator – so I forwarded it to him.
Section 12A, NC events
(2) Paula Hanke in NC: Wendy Jones & Paula Hanke at Isis- Sunday 9/27/15
Join my good friend Wendy Jones and I for a vocal showcase like no other!
September 27- 8PM: Isis Music Hall and Restaurant- W Asheville
Sunday Jazz Showcase
Wendy and I veer off the ‘standard’ path as we offer up jazz treatments of an eclectic mix of tunes from gypsy jazz to pop and rock n roll.
Our show- ‘Detour Ahead” features artists, songs, and genres that have influenced and inspired us and made us the singers and musicians we are today! Except tonight- you’ll hear many of these songs arranged like you’ve never heard before!
See you there.
(3) A Process Group Workshop, featuring LifeDance, Core Energetics and Internal Family Systems, is being held on Sunday October 4, 2015 at 1PM in Fairview, NC. When we begin a group with a LifeDance , we can illuminate various personal life issues that may or may that may not even be obvious or conscious to the participant. The group time is then devoted to a deep exploration of these issues or any other topics introduced by the participants utilizing the body centered Core Energetics techniques and Internal Family Systems. We focus on both individual and group process with the intention to affect a positive shift or opening. This group is being facilitated by Ted Riskin LCSW and Amy Gordon. For more information or to register, please contact Amy Gordon at 973 219-3060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
Enjoy an afternoon tea in historic Tyler Hall on Bucks County Community College’s Newtown Campus. Be educated by Nereida ‘Cookie’ McCulley-Breustedt, LPN ’98, entertained by Linda Kenyon portraying “A Life of My Own: Meeting Eleanor Roosevelt”, and inspired by student speaker and scholarship recipient Gemma Pullar.
“Words cannot express how happy I am to be chosen as a recipient of your scholarship award. Aside from the financial burden, the sense of pride and accomplishment I felt when I told my daughters was amazing.”
Proceeds benefit female students who support at least one child while attending Bucks. To date, this event has raised $63,000 in scholarships to help 88 students.