Section 2, part 2
(1) Ingrid S. in PA: The Secret to a Long Life – what a great way to start off a Monday Blaine. This shows that your age is just a number. These people are as sharp as a tac and some comedians in that group also. Thanks for sharing. They are an inspiration to us all.
(2) BJL in NC (referring to a picture in last week’s issue): I vote for Hard Blaine Night!
(3) Liz K. in PA: Man of Year fits perfectly…wishing you all the best for 2016.
4) Bob H. in NJ: The 1,000 edition milestone deserves congratulations and kudos!
(5) THIS IS WHY YOU’RE NOT FUNNY: A PROFESSOR’S SCIENTIFIC APPROACH TO DISSECTING HUMOR
(6) Dear Powerball Winner: Take Our Advice and Take the Annuity
(7) The end of small talk
(8) The happiness code
(9) Barbara F. in PA: You spoiled it for me with your Martian critique….
THE MARTIAN is now out on DVD ..I have previously not enjoyed films of a similar nature (think CAST AWAY), this one works for me because of Matt Damon’s outstanding performance. There’s also a terrific ending.
This ruined it for me! I mentioned before that you should “not” comment on any part that might resemble a “spoiler”, especially the ending!!
Response: I disagree. Had I said Damon was … (then told you what happened), that would have spoiled it. But I just told my opinion about the ending, much like I’ll comment about an actor’s performance, the dialogue, etc. By the same token, I might say a beginning is terrible, but stick with it–or words to that effect. When I do that, I’m intentionally not telling you much about the actual film.
(10) Janeen R. in PA: Acording to you and Ralph … because I am Jewish, I am 07 years old!! Thank you. I like that!!!!!!
(11) Harvard psychologist says people judge you based on two criteria
(12) Why I taught myself to procrastinate
(13) In online dating, sextortion and scams
Section 12A, NC events
(2) Asheville SCORE invites you to the following presentation …
Join us on January 21 for
Leadership and Presentation Mastery Workshop
Presenter: Women’s Business Roundtable member and entrepreneut Barrie Barton
Who should attend?
Members of the SCORE Women’s Business Roundtable and A-B Tech Small Business Center clients who own or are about to own their own businesses Register by clicking here.
To register, please click:
(3) David Joe Miller in NC: You’re invited to help us celebrate our FIRST year and the kick off our SECOND season of Black Box Storytelling Theater during Restaurant Week!
(4) Tristan Cameron in NC: Mothertongue is one of the most interesting performances I’ve been a part of! This is such a wonderful cast to work with. Such amazing & eclectic talent. I’m ecstatic for everyone to see this show. I promise you WON’T forget it.
Fringe performances: Jan. 21 & 23 @ 9PM
Extended run: Jan. 28, 29, & 30 @ 7:30 and Feb 4, 5, & 6 @ 7:30.
All showings are at The Magnetic Theatre.
ALSO, this photo is bomb ass. Thanks Rodney Smith!
The Plumstead Historical Society will hold its monthly meeting, Monday, January 18th, 2016 at 7 PMProgram: ~Show and Tell. Bring an antique/Historical item from home.
Meeting Place Plumstead Township Office 5186 Stump Road Plumsteadville.
Next Meeting – February 15th, 2016
Make an investment in local history!! … Join the Plumstead Historical Society!
$10 for individuals or $15 for family mail to the P.O. Box 172, Plumsteadville, PA 18949.