Section 2, part 2
(1) Lisa Z. in PA: Enjoyable reading. Thank you. Looking forward to the X-Files tonight!
Response: Me, too. Here’s an interesting article on the show, but as they point out … there are minor spoilers here (so you might want to wait to read it until after episode 3).
(2) Emily S. in NC: ADVICE FROM 40-YEAR-OLD ME TO 30-YEAR-OLD ME
(3) The health benefits of knitting
(4) Sharon B. in NC: A Big Butt Is A Healthy Butt: Women With Big Butts Are Smarter And Healthier
(5) Passport Expiring Soon? Renew It Now, State Dept. Says
(6) Ellen C. in PA: Love the movies you recommend. Keep it up!
(7) To Prevent Back Pain, Orthotics Are Out, Exercise Is In
(8) Stretching the truth
An Israeli company seeking to work with Asheville businesses
Welltika is an Enterprise Wellness Management Platform that creates a measurably healthier workforce and reduces healthcare and insurance costs.
The Platform applies social media, gaming and rewards to motive employees to be healthier and directly converts better workforce health into lower insurance premiums, less claims and more productivity. Current customers are the Israeli subsidiaries of Hertz, Adidas, L’oreal, NCR and US small and medium sized businesses.
We’d like to provide Asheville companies with 10 to 500 employees the platform for free and would appreciate your referrals to other businesses. We will donate $200 to the charity of your choice for the first company that signs up.
A bit of Background:
The platform provides HR managers in small and medium sized business the employee engagement tools and access to the health benefits of multi-billion dollar companies. It includes an:
- Human Resource Manager’s dashboard on your computer that engages employees and motivates healthier habits
- An employee smartphone app branded with your company logo that offers a suite of health benefits to motivate them to get healthier.
It is easy to use and can be installed in 5 minutes. The only things you need to roll it out to every worker is your company logo. It is SAAS so there are no IT requirements.
To request the platform for free please go to: http://www.welltika.com/new_company.html
For more info please call: Call: Dov Hoch: (914) 775-5631 or Welltika (212) 332-5073
Note: Dov Hoch – just joined the Asheville Jewish Business Forum. He is lives in Israel and his company Clarity Advisors performs business development for Israeli technology companies entering the US market. Dov would be happy to host members of the AJBF when you visit Israel Dov’s brother Dr. Mark Hoch is a physician in town; his mother recently moved to Givens Estates.
Section 12A, NC events
(2) David Joe Miller in NC: Our extremely popular OPEN MIC! series continues with this February 17th event featuring co-host Tom Chalmers, the producer of “Listen To This” at the Asheville Community Theater’s, 35 Below. Sign up begins at 6:30, show at 7pm. Bring a ten minute story, poem, written work or comedy piece and sign up to go on stage. No theme, no rules except a ten minute (enforced) time limit. Come early for drinks and dinner. Dinner reservations suggested by calling 828-575-2844. No cover charge!
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
Note: Readers are invited to send submissions for this section, as well as the preceding one. Send to: email@example.com and put ADVANCE PLANNING in the subject line.