Section 2, part 2
(1) Sandy H. in NC: Waking up to “Blaine’s World” on a Monday morning makes me smile! Thanks for sharing all your experiences and making me giggle with your jokes. I appreciate you!
(2) Ron F. in PA: Thanks for the movie review. Check out an older film called Man In The Wilderness 1970’s A John Huston film featuring Richard Harris. Very similar.
(3) Rob L. in NJ: Just a quick response Blaine..in my experience going to the emergency room via ambulance gives a greater chance of receiving immediate attention at the hospital. Certainly less then 2 hours. Hope all is well and my best to Cynthia.
(4) Micah S. in WA [on Nature. Cheaper Than Therapy.] : Not sure the two work the same way. You could (oops, we can’t) ask Chris McCandless.
(5) Ilene P. in NC: Thank you for your blog. I just watched and listened and was awed by Bon Jovi’s rendition of Hallelujah, which I could hear from 10 different artists and still find moving.
Thank you, thank you, for being the mensch you are.
(6) John D. in PA: Had a friend from high school who was a paramedic (he has unfortunately passed away) and he always used to say that the turnaround time for patients was always faster when the individual was transported by the rescue squad.
(7) Devising a tax stratey after the paycheck is no more
(8) For serious training, hold the carbs at dinnertime
(9) Fasting diets are gaining acceptance
(10) Why do we teach girls that it’s cute to be scared?
(11) These 15 Epic Hiking Spots In North Carolina Are Out Of This World
Section 12A, NC events
(1) Bioflyer Productions (bioflyer.wordpress.com) in partnership with Asheville Community Theater is proud to present for the first time in Western North Carolina the Broadway hit musical Next To Normal. Directed by Rock Eblen with Music Direction by Isaac Fulk.
Winner of the 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Drama, this intriguing rock score is about a mother who struggles with worsening bipolar disorder and the effect that her illness and the attempts to alleviate it have on her family. It also addresses such issues as grieving a loss, suicide, drug abuse, ethics in modern psychiatry, and the underbelly of suburban life.
“No show on Broadway right now makes as direct a grab for the heart — or wrings it as thoroughly — as Next to Normal does…brave, breathtaking…a work of muscular grace and power.” – New York Times
The production will take place at the intimate 40 seat theater known as 35 Below which is beneath Asheville Community Theater, 35 East Walnut St. The dates are weekends March 11-27, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30, and Sunday matinees at 2:30. **LIMITED SEATING** Get tickets early!
Order online at https://ashevilletheatre.secure.force.com/ticket/#details_a0S3100000A6rRhEAJ or call ACT Box office: (828) 254-1320
(2) An evening of the blues with Chuck Beattie
Sunday, March 13, at 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Isis Restaurant and Music Hall 743 Haywood Road, Asheville, NC
“Chuck’s truly unique, but authentic musical style is influenced by a life lived in the roots music of gospel, rhythm and blues, and soul of eastern North Carolina. With bold vocals reminiscent of past giants like Muddy Waters and Howlin’ Wolf and lyrical sensitivity of practitioners like Taj Mahal, Bill Withers, and Keb Mo, Chuck draws out the best of Chicago Style Blues.”
(3) Vickie G. in NC: Yard sale here–at Grandma Nora’s–covered shed on Friday and Saturday, 3/19 and 3/20 for Chelsey’s upcoming surgery.
Hey all! Having a donation based yard sale/bake sale next Saturday and Sunday March 19 and 20th RAIN OR SHINE at Grandma Nora’s house to help raise money for the upcoming hippy surgery adventure. Please let me know if you have anything you’d like to donate from cleaning out your closets, or if you’d like to make some treats for us to sell on the cheap. There will be an event page soon.
For more information and directions, call: Vickie at 828.275.2680.
(4) Join us for our Spring Open House!
Meet our entire team, tour our office, mix & mingle and pick up fantastic items on brain health.
We hope you’ll join us!
The APEX team
Wednesday, March 16at 5 PM – 8 PM
Apex Brain Centers
2 Walden Ridge Dr, Ste 80, Asheville, North Carolina 28803
(5) DAVID JOE MILLER PRESENTS LOTS of great spoken word events coming up next week…
Section 12B, PA/NJ events