Section 2, part 2
(1) If you’re a nurse, check out this great online course. And even if you’re not a nurse, please share this information with any nurses you may know. They’ll appreciate it!
(2) Paula L. in NY: Thanks for the newsletter, and congratulations on Tokyo! Beautiful!
(3) Pat H. in PA: Sorry I missed your trip up here.
On cats.. When Gloria and I were looking at houses early in our Marriage, we could have been walking up the driveway to a home and Gloria would reach out and stop me and say, no we can’t go in.. Her allergy to cats was so strong she would be affected by the scent of them outside of a house! We had left many house visits without even going in due to her allergies to cats. Her and two of my children have severe cat allergies. Its so bad that my daughter spent many days/nights in the hospital just from going over friends houses who had cats. Extreme cat allergies!!!!! No joke!!!!! So as much as I am happy for you the sight of cat makes me cringe.
(4) Delores C. in GA: Happy Easter! Please send me the link to your site. I would still like to donate.
Note: To do so, Delores or anybody else, please see below:
VOICE–the agency that serves all individuals in Buncombe County affected by sexual assault and abuse through counseling, advocacy and education.
If you can join the BLAINESWORLD team this year for the 1-mile walk that’s a lot of fun, please plan on the following time framework:
10:30 a.m.: Meet in Pack Square Park for pictures
11 a.m.: Walk begins
12 Noon: Optional celebratory lunch at Pack’s Tavern (Dutch treat)
To register for just the walk and to get a T-shirt if you sign-up before April 1, please click the green REGISTER button at:
(5) Police body cameras: What do you see?
(6) Exercise and strong bones
(7) Baby teeth deserve care while they’re there
(8) Don’t grade schools on grit
Section 12A, NC events
(1) Wednesday, April 6
Issis Rstaurant and Music Hall
“What’s Goin’ On,” Motown, Blues and a touch of Jazz from the 60s and 70s sung by Sidney Barnes with the Echoes in Rhythm band lead by Richard Shulman.
Favorite Motown and Blues songs including “Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing,” “People Get Ready” and “Every Day I Have the Blues,” sung with heart and soul.
Limited Tables are available with dinner reservation. Seating / Standing is otherwise available first come first serve. Call Isis at 828-575-2737 for reservations.
(3) Friday, April 15
Deep River returns to famous bluegrass venue Feed & Seed just down Hendersonville Road in Fletcher where we are the honorary house country band AND where we’ll introduce our fabulous new lead guitarist, Alec Fehl. Bring the whole family and come swing, two-step, shag and clog to the 3-part harmonies of Asheville’s premier country vocal group!
Section 12B, PA/NJ events