Section 2, part 2
(1) Len E. in NC: It was quite a coincidence that you listed my recommendation to read Dark Money and Bill Maher’s new rules about North Carolina. The book tells the whole story of Art Pope and how he bought NC.
(2) Texting and Driving? Watch Out for the Textalyzer
(3) 1 Minute of All-Out Exercise May Have Benefits of 45 Minutes of Moderate Exertion
(4) Maria P. in PA: I just read the great article The Science of Making Friends by Elizabeth Bernstein. Ms. Bernstein is right on the mark! I have a great circle of friends, and as Ms. Bernstein they ebb and flow. I especially liked her suggestion not to rush a friendship. I’ve been on a committee for an event in my town for several years. I’ve been what I call a casual friend with another person on the committee. This year, something clicked and we are becoming great friends. I’ve been told I could ‘make friends’ anywhere. After reading the article, I realized that I don’t have any issues with going up to someone and saying hi. Guess it’s just natural to me. Anyway, keep up the great newsletter!!!
(5) Toni Feeback (with a REQUEST FOR HELP in the everyBODY Model Search Contest): Please click on my photo. It will take you to the voting page where the directions are easy. You then have to confirm your vote via email. Thanks! P.S. Don’t forget to read my bio which was required as well as a photo. Thanks again
(6) Lucille E. in VA: (with a GREAT OFFER): Frappuccino Happy Hour is back at Starbucks from April 28-May 15th from 3-6pm. You can get any size Frappuccino drink with or without coffee for half off from 3-6 pm each of these days.
(7) The Day Prince’s Guitar Wept the Loudest (with an amazing video clip)
(8) Better aging through practice
(9) America’s best Jewish delis
Section 12A, NC events
(1) Ricky Boone doing some table magic!
Saturday, May 14 at 5 PM – 6:30 PM
Firestorm Cafe & Books
48 Commerce St, Asheville, North Carolina
(2) Leslie Lang in NC: My stepson Joshua Niven is one of the owners of this incredible new adventure in West Asheville. Please come and celebrate if you can. Click link to learn more about the concept of this local artist gallery and event center.
Note: It opens on Saturday, April 30.
Location: 842 Haywood Rd. … in the old Christian bookstore in downtown West Asheville.
Note: Next week, I’ll run pictures of my visit to this show. I got to see a preview performance and thought it was outstanding. You will, too!
Section 12B, PA/NJ events