Section 2, part 2
(1) Why you will marry the wrong person
(2) Beverly T. in NC (with a REQUEST FOR HELP):
Hey, guys. Liza is heading to Peru! As a prerequisite for her going, she has to do a little fund raising. She asked me to share this with those of you who know her.
Dear Family and Friends,
I want to take this opportunity to tell you about an exciting event that has been offered to me from TC Roberson High School and to ask for your help in raising the funds I will need to experience this
once in a lifetime journey.
I was honored as a freshmen to be chosen from my art class to
travel with a select group of upperclassmen to a foreign country.
The trip will be a ten day adventure to the South American country
of Peru. We will be on a guided tour with the Spanish and Art teachers from our school.
Peru is a country with a rich culture and history. Remains of some ofthe first civilizations in South America are located in Peru. I’m excited to learn about the art and culture while making new friends
along the way.
The trip does require a significant amount of money for me to travel there. There are costs for the travel, flights ,lodging, meals and miscellaneous expenses.
I would sincerely appreciate a contribution in any amount to make
this opportunity a reality. I have included a link to my fundraising page below. On that page you can see more about my trip and
If you would prefer not to use the website, you can send a donation via the US Mail to Liza Rain Shropshire 210 Crocus Ln
Asheville NC 28803.
As a thank you, I would like to share some of my art to give you an
idea of what I do.
Thank you for reading this letter and for considering making a
donation. When I return from Peru I will be sending out another
letter to let you know all about my experience.
Sincerely, Liza Rain
(3) Unless You’re Oprah, ‘Be Yourself’ Is Terrible Advice
(4) Are you in despair? That’s good.
Section 12A, NC events
(1) Zuzu Welsh Band, June 5th, Isis Restaurant and Music Hall
Click here for more information and to pre-order your tickets:
And if you haven’t yet picked up a copy of “Fault Line”, you can do so here:
Thanks for your support. The show at the Isis is by far our biggest local (Asheville) show to date, and we are very excited. And hoping to share in that excitement with you all by encouraging you to purchase your tickets and come out for a night of blues, rock and blues/rock – mainly originals from our two CDs and other as-yet-unrecorded material, as well as some great classics.
Zuzu & the band
(2) Rebecca OQuinn
in NC: I wanted to let you all know about a new class that I’m teaching at Terpsicorps Theatre of Dance: Beg/Int Musical Theatre Dance for Actors. Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30. There are so many of you who have asked me about having a beginning/intermediate theatre dance class to improve your dance skills. This is the perfect one for you! If you or someone you know might be interested, come play with us! Such a wonderful time.
Its Tuesday nights at Terpsicorps theatre of dance-7:30-8:30. Runs through the end of August. It’s a $15
drop in rate but if you pay by the month the price per class goes down
(3) Sunday, July 3 at 7:30 PM: Isis Restaurant and Music Hall: 743 Haywood Rd., Asheville’s Deep River features soaring lead and harmony vocals from its three female singers coupled with the top-notch musicianship of its instrumentalists to make a traditional Southern country ‘stew’ of covers and originals flavored with rock, blues, Cajun, folk and bluegrass notes so you can swing, two-step, shag or clog the night away! Check out audio, video and bio on our web site at: http://www.reverbnation.com/deepriver
(4) My dears!Join us Fri. June 10th at 7:30pm at the White Horse to hear the extraordinary Kat Williams singing Nina Simone, known as “The High Priestess of Soul”. Proceeds will help create our film, “The Message From Bees.”
(formerly titled “For Gaia”- The story’s changed a lot since last year!) I recently applied for a half million dollar grant and would love to tell the granting organization how quickly this event sold out, demonstrating the community support for our film. Hope you’ll be part of the magic! See flyer below! Purchase your tickets
Much love and gratitude,Pana
Section 12B, PA/NJ event