Section 2, part 2
(1) Graduating and Looking for Your Passion? Just Be Patient
(2) Tom Orr in PA (with a REQUEST FOR HELP): You all know me, and my wife, Jen, and that we have started a new business, The Bucks County Cabaret We started the business with nothing more than my 40 years of connections in show biz, and the hope for a great venue for the talented performers from our area. The first three months have been an artistic success, and we are getting incredible feedback, but we find ourselves at a critical juncture. We have a great lineup of shows booked through the Fall, but we lack the money for advertising to really put us on the map. We have artists coming in from Broadway, from “A Prairie Home Companion”, and from WXPN, but we need to get the word out NOW. The intial expenses of the business have put a tremendous strain on our personal finances, so things are getting crucial. The money will go directly to brochures, our website, and publicity. We need funds ASAP. We don’t need very much, but that little bit could make a big difference in our lives, and in the local artistic community. It’s not easy to ask for help like this, but we would be incredibly thankful for it.
To make a contribution, please click:
(3) 5 Things That Give Self-Driving Cars Headaches
(4) The path to a billion dollar show
(5) Period. Full Stop. Point. Whatever It’s Called, It’s Going Out of Style
(6) The end of reflection
(7) Lucas S. in NC:
Section 12A, NC events
(1) David Joe Miller presents SKINNY DIPPING with Martha Reed Johnson and Amy Holmes at Buffalo Nickel on June 15th. Dinner reservations can be made by calling 828-575-2844. Showtime 7 p.m., but come early for drinks and dinner!
(3) Sharon Lewis in NC: We invite you to come see Deep River, including your neighbors Sharon and Sandy, make our Isis Restaurant and Music Hall debut on Sunday, July 3rd at 7:30pm on the main stage!
(6) Forty Fingers and a Missing Tooth
Tuesday, June 28 at 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
The Hop Ice Cream Cafe
640 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, North Carolina
One of the best groups of entertainers in Asheville (and undeniably the greater milky way galaxy) will be revisiting The Hop to juggle the smiles, giggles and belly laughs of our customers and their fans! The end result, as always, is life-altering and hysterical family entertainment 🙂
Note: I’ve already seen this play. (More information on it in next week’s BLAINESWORLD.) It is not to be missed.
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
(1) Tom Orr in PA: BIG NEWS! You can see BART SHATTO next week for JUST $15! Bart informs us that he wants as many people as possible to see the show, especially his fellow theatre performers, so we are reducing tickets to just $15. So come hear the incredible voice from Broadway’s “Les Miserable”, “The Civil War”, and “Hand on a Hardbody” up close and personal with Brigitte Rottman on the piano, and musical guests including Victoria Benn and yours truly!
(2) At Kelsey Theatre at Mercer County Community College
The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark
By Shakespeare ‘70
Fridays, Jun. 3 & 10, 2016 at 8pm
Saturdays, Jun. 4 & 11 at 8pm
Sundays, Jun. 5 & 12 at 2pm
O villain, villain, smiling, damnèd villain!
My tables!—Meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain
I return home to find my father killed, my mother married to my uncle, who is installed on the Danish throne. I must navigate my way through a toxic court of cunning and treachery in my quest for illumination, truth and, perhaps even, vengeance.
To be, or not to be, that is the question!
Tickets: $18 adults, $16 seniors, $14 students/children/vets
BONNIE & CLYDE – THE MUSICAL
By Pierrot Productions
Fridays, Jun.17 & 24, 2016 at 8pm
Saturdays, Jun. 18 & 25 at 8pm
Sundays, Jun. 19 & 26 at 2pm
Frank Wildhorn’s thrilling and sexy musical is the electrifying story of love, adventure and crime that captured the attention of an entire nation. And it’s set to a rousing score that combines blues, gospel and rockabilly music.
Not recommended for children.
$20 adult; $18 Senior;