Section 2, part 2
(1) Linda F. in NJ: . I really enjoy reading your wonderful newsletter. It is filled with great stories, places to eat, visit or read about. Keep sending more.
(2) David F. in NC: It [THE LOBSTER] is a film that you will either love or hate. Personally, I loved it. interesting Kafkaesque premise and very well acted. superb cinematography, too. if you can get past its quirks and the rather slow pace of the second half, it is a highly original movie that prompts a lot of great discussion about love & romance. it gets two claws up from me (sorry, I had to).
(3) Think less, think better
(4) Parents should avoid comments on a child’s weight
(5) Pillow talk with a professional cuddler
Section 12A, NC events
(1) At Parkway Playhouse: LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, starring Mike Yow and Karen Covington-Yow
Directed by Jenny Martin
Music Direction by Roberta Whiteside
Choreographed by Myra McCoury
Saturday, July 2nd, 7:30pm
Sunday, July 3rd, 3:00pm
Friday, July 8th, 7:30pm
Saturday, July 9th, 7:30pm
Sunday, July 10th, 3:00pm
Friday, July 15th, 7:30pm
Saturday, July 16th, 7:30pm
Written by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
A deviously delicious Broadway and Hollywood sci-fi smash musical comedy. Howard Ashman and Alan Menken (Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast and Aladdin) are the creative geniuses behind this fast, funny, and creepy pop-musical.
Meek floral assistant Seymour Krelborn stumbles across an exotic breed of plant he names “Audrey II” — after his secret coworker crush. This R&B-singing carnivorous plant promises Seymour unending fame and fortune as long as he keeps feeding it … blood! Over time, though, Seymour discovers Audrey II’s out of this world origins and intent towards global domination!
(3) Join us on Tuesday, June 28, 2016, at 5:30 p.m. in the CarePartners PACE facility to learn more about elder law, powers of attorney, guardianships, and public benefits planning from Andrew Atherton & Kathleen Rodberg, members of the elder law team at McGuire Wood & Bissette Law Firm.
Learn about the following topics:
• ELDER LAW
Section 12B, PA/NJ event
|One-Day Summer Solstice Mini-Retreat and Ceremony
Because our lower level and all the beds are filled with visiting family (what a gift), rather than our usual retreat, I am offering a one-day celebration of the turning of the Medicine Wheel and the coming of Summer.
In Resonance and Love, Cyndy
COME AND EXPERIENCE
A SUMMER SOLSTICE MINI-RETREAT
June 25, 2016, from 10 am-5 pm
(Potluck and Solstice Ceremony in the Evening for those who can stay)
Come and steep yourself in a day of experiences, celebrations and powerful integrative healing opportunities that will inspire and guide us to connect with the energies of the Summer and the medicine of the Coyote. The season of summer is the time when all of the earth’s children grow rapidly, coming to maturity, trusting that the promises of the Spring are fulfilled. Summer is the time of reaching outward and growing in the things of the world. It is the time of testing wisdom by bringing it into physical being and helping it to grow. As we test our boundaries and blaze our trails, we learn to fully trust our intuition, and the abundance so present on the face of the Earth. The Coyote teaches us to grow our vision, and trust our dreams.
Some questions to ask ourselves: What we are growing in our lives? What new thought process, project or path are we bringing into maturity? Some we are aware of, but some lie just beneath the surface waiting for our attention. During our mini-retreat, we will delve deeply into ourselves to become clear about the possibilities. We will seek the wisdom of Spirit, our guides and our higher selves about the steps necessary to grow, trust and love our visions.
Some have found this mini-retreat to be deeply transformational. Come and feed yourself with ancient learning that has been passed down from generation to generation. During our time together we will explore many ways to understand and embody the energies of the Coyote, the Trickster. We will experience:
- Sacred Sound Healing
- Ancient Sacred Chants
- Native American Story Telling
- Meditative Drumming and Shamanic Journeys
- Guided Meditation or Journey to the Heart of the Coyote
- A Sacred Earth Dance – no experience needed
- Solstice Ceremony – that we will create together!
THE ENERGY EXCHANGE IS $99.00 and registration closes June 22, 2016.
I wish you abundant summer blessings!