Section 2, part 2
(1) Mary Lou S. in NC: Blaine, I was thrilled to see this video since we weren’t able to see the play when it was performed! It was a great tribute to you and how you live your life to the fullest. You are lucky to have realized so early in life that it is important to live for the moment. Some of us need a diagnosis to come to that realization because we too often take our lives for granted. Keep doing what you do for so many people! You are superb at it! Best of all is the love you show for Cynthia! It outshines everything! Hugs to both of you!
(2) Janeen R. in PA: I love the gift your wife gave you for you birthday! Perfect for the elderly, in case they can’t sit too long or stand too long! Seriously, great idea/gift!
(4) Ed and Tracy H. in NC: I couldn’t agree more about the excellence of All The Way and the uncanny portrayal of LBJ by Bryan Cranston. Tracy enjoyed it as well but there is an added dimension when you have lived and studied it.
(6) Julie S. in NC: Love the photo of the twins.
(7) No Hearing Aid? Some Gizmos Offer Alternative to ‘Speak Up!’
(8) Bonnie S. in NC: You should never wear shoes inside the house, and this is why
Section 12A, NC events
(1) BAT BOY THE MUSICAL
July 18 – July 21 AT 7:30 P.M.
Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre
Mars Hill, North Carolina
Based on a story in The Weekly World News, BAT BOY: THE MUSICAL is a musical comedy/horror show about a half boy/half bat creature who is discovered in a cave near Hope Falls, West Virginia.
(2) Cooking with Chef Michael McKnight of Asheville at Olive Oil Divine in nearby Johnson City, TN
Tuesday, August 23 at 6:30 PM – 8 PM
Olive Oil Divine, The Shoppes at Peerless Centre, 2517 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN
The flavor of Asheville is coming across the mountain to Johnson City! We are honored to present Asheville’s own professional, gourmet “Chef Michael McKnight” for our August cooking class at Olive Oil Divine. Join us August 23’rd, 6:30pm at Olive Oil Divine to learn from and participate with Chef Michael while he prepares some of his signature dishes using Olive Oil Divine’s Extra Virgin Olive Oils, Balsamic Vinegars and Olive Oil Divine Spices. Interact with Chef Michael as he teaches and prepares these dishes on stage in front of you!
Michael McKnight has been a professional chef in Asheville and greater Western North Carolina for over 20 years. His contemporary take on classical cuisine has earned rave reviews from clients, as well as in the press. Sourcing local ingredients whenever possible is a key philosophy in the chef’s kitchen, and almost everything is made from scratch and specific to your needs.
Chef Michael’s recipes for the evening will consist of:
•Traditional Greek Salad with our Sevillano EVOO made into a Mediterranean Dressing
•Lemon-Parmesan Trout Pan Seared in our Tuscan Herb Infused EVOO with a White Wine Butter Sauce
•Chocolate Profiterole with our Blueberry Balsamic Drizzled and Fresh Blueberries
Sample size portions of all dishes will be served to each participant.
Sample any or all of Olive Oil Divine oils & vinegars during this private event and make it a fun night out! All participants will go home with sample bottles of some of the oil and/or vinegar used for this presentation along with Chefs recipes for the evening.
Brown bagging is allowed. We do not charge a corking fee, and we can provide simple, clear wine cups for your use. Filtered ice water will be provided.
Space is limited. Cost is $30.00/per person. Tickets are non-refundable unless the event cannot be held as advertised or we have an active waiting list.
Living Divine with Chef Michael’s Catering & Olive Oil Divine!
(3) Registration is Now Open for Adult League Kickball!
League takes place
AUGUST 9 – OCTOBER 4
Remember playing kickball as a child? Buncombe County Parks, Greenways and Recreation is offering you the chance to bring back those fun childhood memories with Adult League Kickball! Competition is fierce as teams vie for the league championship trophy at the end of the season.
The cost is $40 per person or $260 per team. Registration fee includes 10 team t-shirts. Teams returning from last season have the option of using their same t-shirts and paying $160 per team. Additional shirts for new or existing teams are $22 each. Registration ends March 20 or when the spaces fill up.
Games are played on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6 until 9 p.m. Kickball League rules state that a team must consist of at least 10 players with a minimum of 3 female players per team. The season is made up of 10 regular games and the league championship game with trophies for the winning team.
For information call or email Jay Nelson 250-4269 or email him email@example.com.
Section 12B, PA/NJ events