Section 2, part 2
(2) Bettina Yiannakourou: PAINTING WITH PARKINSON’S – BRONWYN’S STORY
(3) 94-year-old woman makes history in S.D. Half Marathon
(4) Marleen Allen Varner: Get a lifetime senior pass from the National Park service before the cost soars. Before August 1sst any US citizen 62 or older can buy a lifetime senior pass fo $10. The cost of that pass starting August 1 will be $80. Pass allows entrance to more than 400 national parks. Purchase at a park for the $10, but my mail or on line it costs an additional $10. To obtain, please click:
(7) Padma Dyvine: Procrastination: A Scientific Guide on How to Stop Procrastinating
(8) Kristin Pedemonti: I’m turning 50. I can’t believe it either! To celebrate I’m volunteering in Nepal. I’m invited to bring my literacy project to Kathmandu, collaborate with Nexxus Artivists and share mental health stories to break stigma.
I’m also trekking to Mt Everest Base Camp as an official fundraiser for Teach for Nepal. Yes, it’s legit! 😉
My birthday isn’t until September, but I’m asking for your support early in 1 of 2 ways.
1. Donate to my go fund me, the first 3K raised goes to Teach for Nepal to support their good works and gets me on their trek. $0 goes to me personally. This trek is officially organized by them!
2. Do you like encouragement? Me too! Send me a message here on Facebook or via Storytellerkp@gmail.com with encouraging words to help me complete the trek.
Remember, those mountains we are carrying we are only meant to climb.
Here’s to climbing the mountain!
Hugs from my heart to yours!
Section 12A, NC events
Note: I saw the above. (See next issue for pictures and more information). And I got a big kick out of it. You will, too.
(2) Brevard Little Theatre is proud to present the Tony Award winning musical comedy, Urinetown. Don’t get fooled by the title, this musical parody is pure fun! If you liked Fiddler, Guys and Dolls, Les Miserables and West Side Story, then you’re going to love Urinetown. It’s all those and more rolled into one. This side-splitting send-up to the Broadway musical combines humor with a beautiful score of songs that range from the classic ballad to big dance numbers to soul-lifting gospel.
Urinetown is a hilarious tale of greed, corruption, love, and revolution in a time when water is worth its weight in gold. A terrible water shortage, caused by a 20-year drought, has led to a government-enforced ban on private toilets. The citizens must pay a fee to use public amenities, regulated by a single, malevolent company. Amid the most impoverished people who frequent the filthy Amenity Number 9 in the worst part of town, a hero decides he’s had enough and plots a revolution to lead them all to urinary freedom!
The show opens Thursday, June 22nd and runs for a total of 8 performances over two weekends. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday shows are at 7:30 while Sunday matinees are at 3 pm. Call 884-2587 for reservations or visit thebrevardlittletheatre.org for more details. Come join the revolution!
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
(1) At Actors’ Net of Bucks County: The Threepenny Opera
Musical by Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill, English adaptation by Marc Blitzstein.
July 14 – 30, 2017
The notorious outlaw Macheath (“Mack the Knife”) is back in town, marrying the daughter of the beggar king. This tale of love, death, corruption and betrayal plays out to the tune of an unforgettable score.
(2) At Kelsey Theatre at Mercer County Community College:
The quintessential backstage musical comedy classic, 42nd Street is the song and dance fable of Broadway with an American Dream story and includes some of the greatest songs ever written, such as “We’re In The Money,” “Lullaby of Broadway,” “Shuffle Off To Buffalo,” “Dames,” “I Only Have Eyes For You” and of course “42nd Street.”
Tickets: $20 adults, $18 seniors, $16 students/children