Section 2, part 2
(2) Len Ennis: I agree wholeheartedly with your review of Dunkirk. It was boring. It gave no insight into how the fishing boats were able to save so many troops while the big ships were being sunk with impunity. Also Kenneth Branagh reminded me of Popeye.
(3) Jean Brenner: Thank you for the suggestions about the books. I’ve ordered two of them and started reading. Just knowing what you said and what little I’ve read is helping me.
(4) Tony Ray Fogleman: That’s a great newsletter Blaine!!! If I wanted to I could play in that Moody Blues Band and I know one of the players quite well.
(5) Ingrid Sofield: Enjoy reading the newsletter and always learn something new especially the technology tips.
(6) Daryl Slaion: Re: Dunkirk. You are not alone. I read your brief movie review. Even though I liked the movie OK, I agree with your view of it. I think the director missed on some important elements. Historically, this was a significant event. In the movie, I never got the sense of the crushing danger of the approaching Germans, nor the scope of the event.
(7) The toll of exercise on the heart
(8) Smart pet? Audible wants Fido to listen to Jane Austen.
(9) Steven Darter: I agree with you about Dunkirk. They also should have had something before and after to provide a better understanding of Dunkirk, how it came to be, what happened after 80,000 captured, French holding the line so others could escape, etc.
(10) Juliet Mitchell: I had a second last week to read your blog. Love it and the jokes.
(13) India plants 66 million trees in 12 hours with more than 1.5 millions people involved in huge operation
Section 12A, NC events
(1) Bob Bowles: Asheville Wine & Food Festival 2017: Aug. 18 & 19 at the Renaissance Hotel
For tickets, please click:
(2) Chris Martin: A Gaggle of Giggles Youth Improv
Hosted by A Gaggle of Giggles and The Hop Ice Cream Cafe
The Hop Ice Cream Cafe
640 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, North Carolina
A Gaggle of Giggles Youth Improv monthly performance takes place every 3rd Tuesday at The Hop on Merrimon! We have had the privelege of working with these kids and director, Chris Martin, for years and they just keep getting more and more hysterical!!!
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
(1) Mike Andrus: