Section 2, part 2
(1) If you’re a nurse and/or know of one, check this online course out for 30+ CNEs. (Please share it with 437 of your closest nursing friends, relatives or colleagues.)
(2) Why we think we’re better investors than we are
(3) Barbara F. in PA: You out-did yourself in the joke dept. this week [BLAINESWORLD #1016]!!
(4) Paula L. in NC: Thanks for the newsletter, and congratulations on Tokyo! Beautiful!
(5) Don’t grade schools on grit
(7) Getting workers to save more for retirement
(7) Dov Hoch in Israel: We are seeking companies with 25 – 500 employees in any industry and location. — key contacts are HR director; in smaller shops it would be the CEO or the CFO.
Welltika is a free enterprise wellness management platform that creates a measurably healthier workforce and reduces healthcare and insurance costs
(8) A Dirty Little Secret: Your “Organic” Strawberries Aren’t Really Organic
Section 12A, NC events
(1) “What’s Goin’ On,” Motown, Blues and a touch of Jazz from the 60s and 70s sung by Sidney Barnes with the Echoes in Rhythm band lead by Richard Shulman.
Wednesday, April 6 at 8:30 PM
Isis Restaurant and Music Hall
743 Haywood Rd, West Asheville, North Carolina
Favorite Motown and Blues songs including “Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing,” “People Get Ready” and “Every Day I Have the Blues,” sung with heart and soul.
Limited Tables are available with dinner reservation. Seating / Standing is otherwise available first come first serve. Call Isis at 828-575-2737 for reservations.
(3) A capella fest
Saturday, April 23 at 7 PM – 9 PM
Diana Wortham Theatre
2 S Pack Sq, Asheville, North Carolina
Two action packed hours of amazing a cappella music from multiple genres and performers. Traditional barbershop to pop a cappella, Doowop to Celtic. Bring a friend and enjoy a wonderful evening of entertainment featuring all local talent. Our performers will include The Land of the Sky Chorus, regional quartet champs Supersonic, ShBoom, Morrison and Park, AHS A Cappella (AH-cappella from Asheville High), and The FortissiMamas of UNCA. Don’t miss! #avlmusic
Section 12B, PA/NJ events
For tickets or more information, please contact: Danny Kahn at Dannykahn1@gmail.com.